! ... Wow ! ... Thrilling ... Sumptuous ... Exotic ...
Ravishing ... with Astonishing detail ... ”
( full Sunday Times article here )
Over 30 million visitors to this free website since August 2000
- Taj Mahal Virtual Tour: click here -
- Views from the Taj Mahal's Roof, Minarets & Crypt (normally closed to the public) -
- Includes 360° Panoramas, Movies, Photos, Descriptive Narration, Maps, Music and Text -
- Downloadable Assets (here) for School Projects, and integrated Text for Hearing-Impaired visitors -
Downloadable Assets for Teachers, School Projects and non-commercial use
December 1631, the fifth Mughal Emperor, Shah Jahan, commenced the construction of one
Our online virtual tour enables visitors to interactively explore the "UNESCO World Heritage Site", the Taj Mahal at Agra in India. Visitors may tour 22 different areas of the monument and gardens through 360° panoramas, maps, narrated mini-movies, music and text. A small 360° panorama above a clickable map allows a quick view of any area. Having spotted something of interest, visitors can then click to open a window with a much larger and higher quality 360° panorama, and then zoom in and pan around for a detailed inspection. For example: To view the inlaid semi-precious stones on the Dome itself. At any point, visitors can view narrated mini-movies about the people, architecture, politics and history of the site (also includes full Text for the hearing-impaired).
An easy-to-follow map also ensures that, unlike a real tourist, our virtual visitors can jump around the gardens and monument with a single click. There are even exclusive 360° panoramic views taken from the Roof and in the Crypt of the monument - these areas are completely Off-Limits to the public. All of our panoramas have descriptive narration, music, integrated text for the hearing-impaired, and MS Word files with pictures.
- Awards, Reviews, Friends and Links: More here -
- email us, exchange links or Sponsor us here -
- Press Release - ( in English, French & Japanese ) -
Travel ® is a registered trademark
of the Armchair Travel Co Ltd, London UK
1024x768 800x600 640x480